Friday, April 2, 2010

Fight Club

Although I haven't gotten all that far into Fight Club, I've gotta say so far I'm really enjoying it. The style and content are both completely different than any other books I've had in an English class, and the change is refreshing. The scattered prose and collage of scenes occurring simultaneously make it slightly bewildering but much more interesting. After a few pages, the ADD format ceases to confuse as the reader learns to simply go along with it. Its a weird book to be sure, but actually very insightful. I haven't seen the movie and have no idea where its going , but I think it will be an enjoyable ride.

1 comment:

  1. Ah...the rare Fight Club 'virgin' (I'm glad you haven't seen the movie). Change is, indeed, refreshing (even if it carries a little ADD with it). I'm anxious to hear your thoughts once you've finished.

    ReplyDelete