Friday, April 2, 2010

Fight Club

I think this is going to be one of the best books I've ever read. I like the way it's written, I love the way words are used. I think it's very interesting how every single character needs to "challenge" life and to feel free, first through the support groups and then fighting. The author was able to make the reader want to read more and more because the story is so different, so strange, and written in such an unusual way that you always want to know what comes next.
Probably my favorite quote so far is "losing all hope was freedom". Everybody defines 'freedom' in their own way but I think there's one thing that makes freedom the same for everyone: hope. If you hope, it means that you're still attached to something, it means that something is missing; that makes you dependent; that brings you to spend your time waiting, thinking about whatever it is that you want and you don't have. Once you lose hope, you're free, you can fully enjoy your life without feeling like it's incomplete anymore, you can live.
I'm really looking forward to reading the rest of the book. I want to know what comes next!

1 comment:

  1. I'm pleased you're enjoying the book, and I can't wait to hear your thoughts after break once you've read it all the way through. Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete