Friday, April 2, 2010

yay extra credit.

First I will start by saying thank you so much Mr. Lavender for giving me this amazing opportunity of receiving extra credit for simply attending your class. That's why you are the best.
Secondly I would like to talk about the writing in this book. I love it! Everything about it. I love how chopped up and sporadic it is. It reminds me a lot of how I write. I don't change subjects as quickly but I love the way he interrupts himself with reality. and another thing that I really appreciate about the writing is how he uses just one word. Like when they are in the different medical help groups and he looks at a girl in the testicular cancer group and he thinks "faker, faker" but he knows she is saying the same thing about him. Even though she may not know whether or not he has testicular cancer there is a certain spotlight effect that he displays. As if everyone is focusing on him and everything he does someone has some sort of interest in him. If he doesn't say anything he believes people take extra notice to him because things are "really bad" and so on. It is really interesting. I really like what I have read so far though.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're enjoying the book so far, and I'm pleased to hear you see a similarity to your own writing style!

    ReplyDelete