Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Talking in circles...

On page 107 Dimmesdale says, "I need no medicine." This was interesting to me because it seems as thought he's trying to be tough or even trying to let Chillingworth know of his sins but he is just being a little stubborn about it. The minister is obviously sick but he says he needs no medicine which mean he must need something else to feel better, what might that be? I think it should be to go raise the child and forget what the rest of society thinks of him no matter what his status is in that community. And with a person like Chillingworth, a person who can see deep into a person's soul and know what the person is hiding, I don't think Dimmesdale is doing a very good job at hiding his deep dark secret. However, it may be that Dimmesdale whats to be discovered because he needs that extra push to do what is right, even though he feels that he needs no medicine in other words he needs no help from others.
This book is interesting and I am honestly enjoying it, I'm excited to find out what happens next!

No comments:

Post a Comment