Monday, September 21, 2009

Emerson

I. Love. Emerson. I love him! While all the Transcandentalist were great in their own respects, I found Emerson to be, by far, the most poignant. Some of the ideas he spoke of really resonated with me. Emerson's point of view reminds me of a quote by Albert Einstein: "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." Emerson's child-like view is reminiscent of this. I love to see how passionate Emerson is about this. I love how he sees God in nature. It just makes so much sense that if you want to find God, you can go look for him, all alone, out in the splendor of nature. I feel that Emerson really embraces his life, really appreciates it, doesn't take it for granted. That's how I want to be. To see him living that really inspires me!

1 comment:

  1. Meghan,

    I like the Einstein quite--along with your general enthusiasm for Emerson, and enthusiasm I can't help but pick up on here (though the source of that enthusiasm remains somewhat unexplored). I'm hoping that you somehow make Emerson central to your upcoming essay.

    For now, thanks for getting this posted!

    ReplyDelete