Monday, September 21, 2009

Thoreau, Walt, and Ralph

Out of the three writers Ralph W. Emerson remains my favorite. His ideas were revolutionary and knew, and even though the other two are great writers, Emerson's ideas are everywhere in their writings. He influenced both of them strongly, and all of their ideas are similar Emerson is the original. So maybe it's not that I like his ideas more, but it's that his thoughts are embedded in with the poetry of the other two. So to me he is the most original of the three.

1 comment:

  1. Meatloaf,

    Please remind me who you are so that I may credit you for these posts (all of which seem to be overly brief). I appreciate that you find Emerson's ideas most "original"--but just what are these ideas? What about them appeals to you?

    Write more!

    ReplyDelete