Thursday, September 3, 2009

nature

As little interaction as possible is where I've found my footing with nature. I do love the adventure and joy it holds but I don't feel calm when I'm by myself completely surrounded by it. I feel like I'm invading or am in a fish bowl. All of natuer is looking at me waiting for me to leave so that it can continue on with its normal routine and I stay there sitting and hoping I can glimpse upon a special moment. Nature has set up its very own defense mechanism that makes the settlement of people obviously unwanted. The land is nothing to be conquerred or captured. I think that people trying to climb Mt. Everest mocks its grandeur. And that going down Niagra Falls in a barrel only steals its intensity. Humans should be apart of nature but shouldn't make a mockery of it.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting post, though I wish I knew who you were "Little Ears"--both so I could pitch my comments appropriately and, more importantly for you, get you credit for this post (which seems overly brief, especially since you are taking such an oppositional stance toward Nature--one that I'd love to understand better).

    So, let me know who you are...and write more!

    ReplyDelete