Wednesday, September 2, 2009

wilderness

This summer i made sure to be in nature as much a s possible and i loved it. To me, being out of society and away from "my chamber" is a necessity. I feel as if i almost have to prove myself to nature, to feel one with the animals that call it home. In this time in human history i feel it is especially important that people get away from the media and everyday life and spend sometime learning who they are as an individual, this was very important to Emerson as well i feel. He was a very religious man so when he was in nature he was trying to find God, however, when i go into nature i feel it is important to find one's self.

1 comment:

  1. Nice post, Will! I only wish it were a bit longer--not so much because it's required to be (you'll get credit for this), but because, given the nature of your observations, I'd like to hear more about your thoughts on them (why now is an especially important time for us to 'connect' with Nature, how contemporary society prevents us from doing so, etc.). Again, good post, but write more! I'm interested.

    ReplyDelete