Thursday, September 3, 2009

Nature

As I walk through the shadow of the large pine trees the large everlasting carpet of green seems to lift a weight off of my shoulders. All of my burdens, pains, and worries shrink into an invisible part of my past. My life disappears leaving me in this present bliss of serenity and peace. The simplicity of nature takes away the complexity of everday life, and returns me to my sanity. I get lost in myself, losing a sence of what is reality and what is fake. What I call reality shouldn't be what causes me anxiety and stress, but what makes me feel calm and leaves me thoughtless. Our nature has been corrupted by the pure insanity of man, where in this world a person describes themselves as who they are as their job title or what they do. In this cruel world people are judged by how much money they have in there bank account or what class of family they come from, when we should really be judged by the type of person we are, whether we are kind, thoughtfull, or selfless. Nature doesn't judge it simply lets you shed the pain of reality. As the sun falls into the mountains and darkness approaches I turn back, walking towards everything that was weighing me down, and back to my worries. I slowly walked back to my life.

1 comment:

  1. Some great observations in this post--ones that I think Emerson would admire (particularly if you took them even further).

    Let me know who you are, "Meatloaf"--both so that I can pitch my comments accordingly, and so I can give you credit for this post (something I can't do at this point).

    ReplyDelete