Thursday, September 24, 2009

My ideas so far....

I seem to be a bit stuck on how I want to work this into my essay completely but I know what my main topic of discussion will be... With this essay I would like to work with the idea of self-reliance. I want to go off of specific ideas of today, such as the media and explain how I think Emerson would react to our current society. I will touch on the points of conforming for others and also use that to play off the point of "imitation is suicide." I can strongly relate to the concepts that Emerson states in his writings and I think that from that I can add personal expericenes to really improve the essay. Such ecxperiences will be from times I have really had noting to fully rely on but myself and I was able to pull through and succeed.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds cool. Something that you might want to think about would maybe be looking at what Emerson says about trusting yourself. Like, "what I must do is all that concerns me, not what the people think." That can be a form of self-reliance, and might be something that you would want to add to your essay. Just food for thought.

    ReplyDelete