Wednesday, September 2, 2009

THe Naty

Nature is the most important aspect of the planet Earth, no question. All life and reason derives from that first spark of life millions of years ago, and that spark was nature. We come from nature. It is our origins, and the farther you get from it the less human you become( not always in a bad way). We are in an ever divided society in which we are becoming more and more separated form our true roots as hunter- gatherers. If our ancestors could see how we live our lives, it would be no different to them than if they were to see the aspects of life on an alien planet. Relatively, today, we are just an odd alien species that takes it's own existence for granite. We owe that existence to nature, which raised us and taught us how to live.
In my life nature has a key role in everything I do. Luckily, thanks to where I was born and have grown up, I have a great love and appreciation of nature; and i am able to enjoy it every day.

1 comment:

  1. Max,

    A good post, but one that left me hankering for more. After establishing the centrality of nature in our lives (after positing it as the 'spark' of our very existence) I was curious at your observation that we've moved progressively away from this source and origin (how? why? and, more importantly, what can we do to reconnect with that source?). You've got me interested (but don;t leave me frustrated). Write more!

    ReplyDelete