Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Mavy - My nature

"What's nature?", this is what Emerson asks and personally I think that to it we can find a lot of different right answers since everyone answers from their point of view.
In my opinion nature represents silence and quietness, a place where you can focus and try to find yourself.
When I'm worried about something I usually try to get away from everyone else and find a place where I can relax...maybe watching the sunset or listening to the wind blowing. It's like giving my mind a break and it helps me a lot. Afterwards I feel like restarting all from the beginning so that I can keep living my life and enjoying it as much as I can.
I can't really define nature.. we could talk about trees, flowers, animals, water... but I think it's something that goes beyond the concrete, it's something you can almost feel. As I said before, nature really helps me in finding myself and relaxing when I'm too stressed or tired.
When I swim (I love swimming), I relax but it's not the water itself that relaxes me, it's the feeling of being in the water. I start swimming and suddenly I hear no more voices, I don't feel anything else apart from myself.
So, if you ask me "what's nature?", I'll answer defining it as a peaceful feeling but this is just my opinion.

3 comments:

  1. I like how you siad you can't just "define" nature. The thought of Nature is truly something that goes beyond a simple deffinition of a word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. Nature is too complex to 'define' with any level of accuracy. I like how you said that when you swim, all the voices drift away. In my opinion, nature is the only sure-fire way to be immersed in yourself. It's the ideal environment for when you want to get back in touch with yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, Mavy! I really like how you begin to move beyond the cliched notions of Nature (trees, birds, flowers, etc.) and try to explain that, for us, Nature seems more valuable not for what it is, but how it affects us (the feelings--of peace, focus, self-discovery, etc.) that it engenders. I enjoyed reading this post, and look forward to more of your thoughts in this forum!

    ReplyDelete