Monday, September 7, 2009

What if Emerson Spoke at our Graduation?

If Emerson spoke at our graduation I feel like the audience would be extremely confused. Some family's might love how he explains some flaws in christianity and really agree with his complaints about how education are taught these days. At the same time there would be the families that are extremely religious and they would be extremely upset about his speech. As a class as a whole I feel like that we would enjoy the address, this is because it shows that you can be outspoken and go against the trends and still be successful in life. I would enjoy his address because it is not the average graduation speech, Emerson does not say congratulations and explain how big of a step this is in your life, he is unique and that is why I am intrigued by his speech. Hopefully when it comes to our graduation I would like someone to speak just like Emerson did.

2 comments:

  1. Jerry,

    I'm glad I get your overall impressions here, but I wish I understood them better. Ripping words and phrases out of the text, reproducing them in your post, and them commenting on them directly would help create a common ground of understanding between us.

    Still, I'm glad you got this in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear your speech at graduation Jerry.
    I hope it provokes deep thoughts within me.

    ReplyDelete