Friday, September 25, 2009

For my essay i'm thinking of writing more from a journal style instead of a formal essay. I havent decided exactly what i'm going to write about but i think i'm going to take a few different points that i've highlighted while reading and discuss not only my opinion on them but how they could relate to the world today. The way I'll be writing this will be similar to the way Abbey wrote 'thoreau and other friends'. I'll have the different 'entries' of this journal dated along the days that we've gotten the different writings we've recieved so far in class and use my annotations to discuss different points. When finished it will basically be my person interpretation of how these points relate to todays world and to myself.

3 comments:

  1. I like this idea of using journal entries. Are there specific asspects you want to talk about, or are you just going to talk about them in a more general sense?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dani, I think that is a really cool idea to write your essay using the form of a journal entry. To me so far though, it doesn't really seem like you know exactly what points you are going to use. I'd say that becuase you said you have passages chosen, you should find a few that work together to form one main point and go off of that. Journal idea is great though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey you,
    So I was thinking that if you are going to use journal form for your essay you might want to touch on the points of conformity, consumerism, spirituality, or even simplicity, these are some of the topics I could see coming up within an average day. Sense you don’t seem to know what topic you are after you might want to try to see how these thoughts could contribute to your idea of bringing your essay to life.

    ReplyDelete